Pregnancy Related Services was developed to improve and maintain the health of the pregnant woman, increase her chances for a healthier baby and promote positive birth outcomes. This is a free service to all pregnant women on Medicaid.
- Individual pregnancy counseling & education
- Group education
- Case management
- Nutrition intervention
- Fetal delivery
- Routine services
- Physical exams which measure weight, blood pressure and fetal heart tones.
- Care Coordination which is provided to help in the hospital selection process for the delivery of the baby, referrals for other services, and arrangements for medical care or phone consultation in case of an emergency.
- Providing or assisting with support services (i.e. transportation, making medical appointments, accompanying women to provider's office, referrals, food, clothing, shelter, WIC, Child Support, Children Services, Mental Health or drug and alcohol treatments).
- Assist with enrolling in an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization).
How to Apply
Pregnancy Related services are automatically provided with the approval of a Medicaid card. You may request transportation assistance to your doctor’s appointments. Submit proof of your upcoming medical appointment 10 business days prior to the appointment date. If you are requesting a gas voucher, you must also provide proof of current auto insurance and a current driver’s license. If you are issued a gas voucher to attend a medical appointment, you must submit proof that you have attended the medical appointment. Failure to submit proof that you have attended the appointment will result in ineligibility for future gas vouchers being issued prior to your medical appointment.
Transportation services are also available at no cost through Shelby Public Transit by submitting proof of the medical appointment 10 business days prior to the appointment.
* If using Shelby Public Transit, you must also contact Public Transit at:
to set up your transportation.
You may request information on additional services throughout the agency, including a list of local participating doctors that accept the medical card by calling (937) 498-4981, option 3, option 3 for a Customer Service representative.